viernes, 20 de enero de 2017

Weekly links, 6th grade - "Olympic Games", "Human Reproduction" and "Modern Spain: the 19th century" 2

Good afternoon everyone!

This week I'm very sad after correcting the recovery tests about Europe, especially in group B, in which none of the students who did it has passed the test. Obviously, taking into account that I asked you to study before Christmas, and that I waited until last Friday for doing the test, the only possible explanation is that you haven`t taken this test seriously and you haven`t studied. It's a pity! because I can do the effort to prepare an extra test for you; it's my job and my responsability, but what I can't do is study for you... 

And most of you have done exactly the same, this is: "nothing" with the activities of the second unit of the book "Reading and writing". Thanks to that, this weekend is going to be a little more relax for me, but I would have prefered to have much more writing exercises to correct, because you need to improve a lot on this matter and this is the only way in which I can help you.

Well, coming back to this week, these are the links that we have used in the different subjects (as always, we haven't seen all of them, but you can do it now):

English:

We continue with Unit 4: "Olympic Sports". Next you have a video about Usain Bolt and two more about one of the X Games seen in class, and the young star Mitchie Brusco:






Natural Science:

In Natural Science, we have finished the lesson about the reproductive cells, and we have also studied the female reproductive system. We haven't used links, because we are reinforcing the unit with different worksheets that we are doing in class.

Social Science:

This week, we have studied the Spanish War of Independence and the Carlist Wars, and we have also started to talk about the end of Spanish Empire after the 1898 disater and the Spanish-American War.

Here, you have three pictures of the painting "3rd of May 1808" by Goya, one with a very good resolution, another one with explanations in Spanish, and the last one, my own version, that I did 35 years ago, when I was 19 :-)

"3rd of May 1808" by Goya

"3rd of May 1808" by Goya - Notas en español

"Homenaje a Goya - Martín Vicente Lozano

Have a good weekend!

1 comentario:

  1. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Mitchie Brusco 1260

    ResponderEliminar